Saturday, July 5, 2008

“Dead Wrong”

Thursday, 7/3/08 3:10 pm

We made it back to the center of town, and rats! The same problem again – throttle missing and lost power. Scott limped Bessie into the visitor parking for the St. Louis Science Center.

AAA sent their best wrecker (who arrived in less than 30 minutes, a personal best in my AAA experience), and we split the team. Kate and the girls headed into the city, and Scott and I towed Bessie back to the KOA from last night. Right next door was a Ford RV repair center (I’m telling you, we are being protected). Nearly got to see Robbie Knievil break his own record and jump 25 cars in the Six Flags parking lot (also a neighbor to the KOA) as we towed past the theme park.

As I finish this entry, we are awaiting final diagnosis on Bessie. One thing’s fairly obvious, the problem wasn’t a dead short battery. All signs point to a busted alternator, but even if that’s what we need, we’re not sure we are going to beat the holiday weekend before the repair is completed. If not, we’ll be enjoying St. Louis until Monday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw Evil Knievel jump 14 Greyhound Buses at Kings Island in Cincinnati in 1975, remind me when you get back and I'll tell you that story.

Scott is obviously a better mechanic than Larry.